Monday, July 12, 2010

Back from the Amazon

What an awesome week we had in the Amazon!!! Thank you guys so much for your prayers!! We definitely saw God at work, both in the lives of the Brazilians and the Americans! It was an exhausting 7 days and we roughed it a little... we did have air condition at night and for afternoon naps but they turned it off every morning at 6 am. When someone asked the captain why, he said it was to wake us up to make sure we don't miss breakfast. :) It was tight quarters and there were 4 bathrooms for 32 people and only 2 showers actually had enough water pressure to take a shower. But the team was awesome and definitely had such a great, flexible attitude!

We got on the boat Sunday night and didn't get to the first village until the next afternoon... 13 hours by boat to get there! We visited 3 different communities and held the medical clinic, VBS with the kids, and church services at night. It was an amazing week of ministering with a group of people who had such a heart for the Lord. In addition to the Americans and Brazilians on the boat, there was a Bolivian doctor who moved with her family to Brasil 2 years earlier as a missionary and an Argentino who is a missionary with his wife to the Amazon. God has called people from all over the world to share His love and salvation to the people of the Amazon region and it was so great to be a part of this amazing team.

We arrived back in the US on Saturday and although it was great to take a hot shower, I think all of the team misses the Amazon. On Friday as we talked of all the awesome things we had seen during the team, I reminded them that this wasn't the end and that just as God had proven faithful during this week, He will continue to be faithful as He leads each one of us. Pray for the continued ministry in the Amazon and that God would continue to grow and use each of the Americans that went on the trip. As for me, my next journey is only 10 days away (Yes, my life is crazy but God keeps opening up all these opportunities!!!). I leave on the 22nd to go back to Brasil, to Rio, with a medical team. Continue to pray for me, that God will continue to strengthen me, to lead me and to use me for His glory as He takes me around the world. Pray for continued direction and that He would guide each step I take. Once again, thank you all so much for your prayers and for continuing with me on all these journeys!! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment