Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Leaving yet again... for Brasil!!

Yes, I am already leaving again! :) It's been a crazy last few months, but God keeps giving me all these opportunities and leading me to them. I so appreciate your continued prayers and encouragement during this time! It's only by God's strength that I've been able to travel between continents and time zones, minister in the different capacities He's provided and continue working at the hospital during my time at home! After working the last 3 days and finishing packing today, I am leaving tomorrow to fly to Brasil again– this time to Rio! I am going with Sharon and a team of volunteers to minister in one of the favelas in Rio. It is a big team (over 40 people) and we are going to be doing a lot of different things in the week. A construction team will be doing some work at the leprosy hospital (some of you many remember me talking about it when we first visited there in 2008.) And we will be having a medical team in a church all week and in addition to this Sharon will be taking a small group to do a medical clinic in a local prison.

I'm really excited about the week for a number of reasons. First, because God has opened up some doors for some really neat ministry opportunities. I was able to visit the church with Sharon in March and they are really excited about us coming and working with us. And to have the opportunity to not only serve the people in the favelas but also people with leprosy as well as prisoners... these people need to see and hear about God's love! Second, although I have been to Rio a few times since I left in 2008, this will be my first time being back with a medical team and I can't tell you how excited I am! God has given me some amazing experiences in a lot of places, but Rio will always hold a special place in my heart and I love being able to treat and share with the people of the favelas. I am so thankful for yet another opportunity to do this!

Please pray for us this next week. The team is flying down on Wednesday and Thursday night and we will start work at the leprosy hospital on Friday. The medical clinic will be Monday through Friday, the 26th-30th. Please pray for safe travels, for health and for preparation for each team member. A few people have already had to drop out due to health problems or family with health issues so please say a special prayer for those that were planning on going but are unable to. Pray for God's protection around the whole team, for unity and that each of us would have an open, flexible heart, ready to be used however God wants to use us. Pray that all the details and logistics work out. Pray for the church members and the interpreters that will be working with us. Pray for the people we will come in contact with and for opportunities to share Christ.

I will be staying in Brasil for another week after the team leaves to see friends and for my Brazilian brother's wedding. Please keep praying for me, that God would continue to give me strength, health and endurance with all this traveling. Pray that He will continue to use me for His glory wherever I am. This has been a crazy last few months but God has been so faithful in equipping me with everything I need in order to do what He calls me to do. Pray for me as I continue to seek Him for the present and the future and let Him lead me on this exciting journey. I love you guys and appreciate you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment