Friday, July 2, 2010

The Amazon

My next adventure is here! I'm headed to the Amazon tomorrow and just wanted to write and ask for your prayers. I am helping to lead a medical team from Brentwood Baptist Church. We are flying into Manaus and then spending the week on a boat. We will be working with a local Brazilian church, traveling down the Amazon River and stopping at villages along the way to offer medical care. I have never done a medical clinic on a boat before and am really excited about this opportunity!

I won't be able to send out emails or write on my blog while I'm there because there's no internet access on the boat (but we do have air condition!) but will tell you all about it when I get back. Please do keep us in your prayers this week, July 2-10. I will be driving up to Nashville tomorrow (Saturday) morning to meet up with the team. Our team will fly to Brasil Saturday night. Please pray for safe travel, for me as I drive to Tenn and for us as we fly. Pray for health, protection and unity of the team starting tomorrow. Pray that everything would go well with our flights, luggage and meeting up with the people in Manaus. Pray for Roger and me to have wisdom and guidance as we lead the team. Pray that God would work in and through each of the team members during the week. Pray for us as we minister, that God would give us the knowledge as we care for the sick and the opportunities and words to share of God's love and salvation. I know that God wants to do awesome things this next week, both in our lives and in the life of every person we come in contact with. As always, thank you for your prayers!

Just wanted to share a verse with you that I heard during Bible Study this week – Joshua 3:4-5 “Then you will know which way to go since you have never been this way before... Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.” Especially in the past few years God has shown His faithfulness in leading me, as He has taken me down many paths that I have never been down before. And here I am again, both in this trip and in other things in my life, going a way I have never gone before. But God promises me, as He does to you, that He will be with me and will lead me in the unknown. And not only that but He promises to do amazing things! Wherever you are and whatever is your “way you have never been before”, know that God is with you and that He wants to do amazing things among you! Love you guys and appreciate all your continued prayers and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment