Monday, February 1, 2010

Another day of precious kids

These babies are precious, they really are. They are hard work and I still don't sleep well at night, but you can't hep but love them. Maki woke up at 6 am laughing and playing... I tried to tell her that it was too early to play, but I guess an 8 month old can't understand that! :) She doesn't let me sleep much and requires a lot of attention, but you can't help but love her. Her laugh and smile is amazing... I wish you all could meet her.
Barbara, the lady in charge of the orphanage got back today and it working hard trying to get some more kids out. It's difficult and becomes even more difficult when other people try to take kids out of the country without proper documentation. There are a lot of kids that were already in the adoption process pre-earthquake. She's hoping to get some more kids ready to leave this week. Also, the dads that are here from Argentina had more meetings today and are trying to be able to take their kids home as well. Please pray that these kids would be able to get to their new homes soon, that the process would be smooth and quick. Being here at the orphanage is better than being on the streets, but it's still far from ideal.
I spent most of the afternoon organizing their pharmacy. People brought in more supplies and donations (we have tons of stuff now). And who better to organize it than me, especially after I spent years doing this in Brasil (Jen & Sharon, I missed y'all... wish you could have been here to help me!)
I still don't have any definite plans because it depends on when there are planes and seats, but I'm probably leaving later this week. Please pray for my last few days - for health and endurance and that I would do my best at whatever tasks God gives me. Thanks guys so much for all the prayers! You've been a part of this ministry in Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment