Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last Day in Haiti

So I think this is my last full day in Haiti. What's funny about all these adventures is that God keeps taking me to new levels of trusting in Him and not worrying about knowing everything. I usually don't plan trips in 1 day or go somewhere not knowing how long I will stay. Cherie, the woman that coordinated me getting down here told me when I was in Florida that she had pegged me for a spontaneous, fly by the seat of your pants kind of person... I told her that I was actually a type A who likes plans but that has been forced to trust God on all these adventures. :)
I will admit that I am looking forward to getting good sleep in a bed that is not shared with a baby, taking a hot shower and going back to daily life that is not so hard. But as much as I'm exhausted and totally physically and emotionally, this experience will forever stay with me... The precious faces of these kids that just scream to be loved, their smiles when you play with them or just talk to them. These people that are dedicated to make a difference in the world and give kids a second chance. The citywide destruction and tent cities every few blocks. The medical problems and the look of fear and hopeless on so many faces. And the assurance of knowing a God who is loving and wants to give Hope to the hurting.
Like I said, I think I'm leaving tomorrow... I will post when I know my definite plans but the plan is for me to leave with Barbara and some more kids that have been cleared to go to the States. Again, thank you for all your prayers. Continue to pray for my endurance and health (I don't feel so great today but I think it's more exhaustion). Pray for the adoption process for the kids and that Barbara would get the visas and all the papers for them. And continue to pray for the people of Haiti. Love you guys and appreciate you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment