Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day in Accra

This is my last blog from Ghana... I can't believe it!! We made it safely to Accra yesterday. We left BMC at 4 am and drove the 2 ½ hours to Tamale... last time on the bumpy Wale-Wale road... and then flew 1 ½ hours to Accra. We were able to rest some yesterday at the Baptist Guesthouse. Megan is feeling better so thank you for the prayers. And besides feeling a little sleep deprived and dreading the long flights ahead of me, I feel good. :)

Today we were able to see a little of Accra. I love tropical cities! After spending 4 months in the dry Northern region, I was happy to see city life, palm trees and the beach!! Praia, que saudades!!! Yes, I was able to see the beach! We did a little shopping and then had lunch at a little restaurant on the beach. It was a great last day!

We're back at the guesthouse and getting ready to leave for the airport. I'm almost home but it's gonna be a long next 24 hours – 6 hour flight to Frankfort, 5 hour layover and then a 10 ½ hour flight to Atlanta. Please pray for safe travels and that I'm able to sleep some. Thanks for being on this journey with me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment