Monday, December 7, 2009

Last Monday Clinic

Today was my last Monday clinic day here at BMC. This time next week I will be in Accra on my way home!! I can't believe it's finally here! It was actually a very busy day in clinic and I saw 150 patients! I thought it would probably be busy cause it's a Monday and market day and Friday was a holiday – Farmer's Day, which I never quite understood what the holiday was for, even after asking people. We didn't all go out to farm or even have a party for the farmers.

Starting my last week here in Nalerigu brings many emotions – excitement, relief and gratitude being the main ones. These have probably been the hardest 4 months of my life, but it has definitely been a life-changing adventure! God has taught me so much and although in many ways I am thankful that it is ending, I am grateful for all that God has taught me through this experience. One of the many things I have learned through this is perseverance. There have been days I just wanted to leave because I felt exhausted, lonely, bored, sad... but through it all God confirmed that He was the one that called me here and would help me get to the end of my appointed time.

So here I am, finishing my last week in Nalerigu for one reason – there is a God who loves me and calls me and equips me to carry out His plan and glorify His name in this world! 2 Corinthians 8:11 is a verse that God reminded me of many times during these last few months – “Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it.” Through God's strength and joy, I am completing this work that He appointed me to! This says nothing for me... God only knows how many times I wanted to give up... this is all about Him and His power, joy and strength in my life! I praise Him for His love and faithfulness! And I thank Him for all of you, that have been there to encourage me, pray for me and support me – I couldn't have made it without you guys!! Thank you SO much!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Great to read about your hard work and service! I am with the George Faile Foundation--we would like to mention your blog post and maybe use a quote in our next newsletter. If you don't mind, e-mail me at: rnoodles@bellsouth.net. The foundation's website is: www.failefoundation.org Thanks,
    Paul Shumpert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey have a fun last week!!!!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete