Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last day in Nalerigu

It's my last day in Nalerigu! I can't believe this African journey is coming to a close. It is a time of mixed emotions. I am excited to see my family and friends, give my body some rest and eat Chick-fil-a and Christmas cookies. :) I am sad to leave, especially knowing I am leaving a huge need here. But mostly, I feel peace, knowing that I completed the time God had for me here in Ghana. Just a little packing left and a send-off dinner for Matt & Megan and me tonight.

The long 3 day journey home begins tomorrow at 4 am. Although I am feeling better (thanks for all the prayers!), I know the next few days will be very tiring. Tomorrow I will spend the night at the guesthouse in Accra and will be able to write from there. Please pray for safe and trouble-free travels, for strength and that I would be able to rest. I also ask that you say a special prayer for Megan. She is sick and vomiting today... pray that she feels better before we have to travel tomorrow. Thank you guys for all your prayers and encouragement during these past few months!! Love you guys and look forward to seeing many of you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment