Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rest & Trust

First of all, thank you so much for all of your prayers!! I was still feeling pretty bad yesterday, but I slept well last night and am feeling so much better today. I'm even able to eat and have finished most of my packing! Praise the Lord!

As my time here draws to close, the question I continue to ask (and I'm sure many of you wonder as well) is “what's next?” Since I know that many of you will ask me as soon as get home, I'll go ahead and share with you... I have no idea! For those of you that know me well, you know that I always like to have a plan and to know as far in the future as God will allow. And it seems that God is continuing to lead me on a path where I don't know the future and have to trust Him. I first started praying about what I was supposed to do after Africa a few months ago and God's answer was and still is “You don't need to know now. Rest and trust in Me.” God has used Isaiah 30 throughout this year to remind me to rest and trust in Him. “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength... blessed are all who wait for Him... Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it” (Is 30:15,18,21). He used these verses earlier this year to tell me to rest when I had no idea where I was gonna go after graduation, and then to lead me here to Ghana and keeping me here when the times were tough. And now once again, He is telling me to trust and rest, believing that He will open doors and give His guidance in His perfect timing as He continues to lead me on His journey for my life. I just want to encourage each of you to trust Him, to rest in Him and let Him lead you on the plan He has for your life. Sometimes it means taking a step of faith, sometimes it means being faithful right where you are... it isn't always easy, but we can trust that God's plan is best. God says “Rest. Trust me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment