Friday, December 11, 2009

Prayers for BMC

As I'm preparing to leave in the next few days, the hospital and the great needs here have been heavy on my heart. Matt Jones, the surgical resident who has been here for the past 6 months with his wife, Megan, leave on Monday with me. With both of us leaving at the same time, it will be a drastic increase in work for the remaining doctors. Please pray for Dr. Hewitt and Dr. Dickens, the only two doctors here right now, and for strength, endurance and health. Pray for their wives and kids and for encouragement, strength and joy. Pray that God would provide more workers, both volunteers and long-term doctors. There are a lot of questions about the future of this hospital and it is something that only God knows the answer. I know that as I leave Nalerigu, I am leaving BMC and the patients in His hands. Pray that He would continue to provide for this ministry.

P.S. Please continue to pray for my health and recovery. I wasn't even able to go to clinic today because I was feeling too bad (malaria is no fun) and was so bummed because it was my last day. I ask you to especially pray that I would regain strength and be completely recovered before I start traveling on Monday morning. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment