Friday, June 4, 2010

Quick Update from South Africa

Hello everyone! Well, we really don't have internet yet and I'm not sure if we will (pray that we'll be able to get it), but they were able to work something out for a few minutes for us tonight. So I wanted to let you guys know that everything is going well. I met up with the group yesterday here at the camp and we've had a couple of days of rest, training, and fun. The group is awesome and I can't tell you how awesome it is to be with Brazilians on a mission trip! It's been amazing to hear everyone's stories and how God brought them here. And we're all excited to see what God has in store these next few weeks! The rest of the team will arrive on Sunday and we will finish training and start the work after they arrive. Today we got to experience a little of South Africa at a rhino and lion safari. I got to play with baby lions and hold a hug snake... don't worry I have pictures to prove it! :)

I ask that you continue to pray for us and our team. I can't stress how much we need your prayers! Please pray especially for our leadership and for all the logistics that have to be worked out for 200 people. I am very impressed because it has been very organized and am praying that God continue to give wisdom, strength and everything they need. Please pray for strength and endurance and for health for the whole team. I was woken up early this morning because someone was sick with a high fever and have been able to use my medical skills. I am thankful that I am able to use the gifts God has given me, but I prefer that no one gets sick. :) Pray for rest and for preparation these next few days. Pray for our safety. And pray for the people that we will encounter and for opportunities to be the Light in this dark world. God has us all here as a part of His plan and I know He's going to do awesome things!!!

Ok, I have to go and I'm having trouble thinking in English (I've just spoken Portuguese for the past few days!). Pray also for my language, for Portuguese and also for the English training I will be helping with as well as interpreting. Thank you guys so much once again for all your prayers and support!! Keep praying even if it takes me a while to post again.

1 comment:

  1. Saludo! We are all glad you made it safely and got some sleep!! Your little friend is adorable. I saw a "blip" on tv about the world soccer cup and thought about you. Prayed for you and all the team. I was telling a friend of mine about you yesterday. I love you so much. Do all you can do. We'll tell the moon hello to you. The wind will carry our kisses. Love, Aunt Jeanie

    ReplyDelete