Friday, June 11, 2010

The World Cup has begun!!!

The 2010 World Cup has finally begun!!! Today was the opening ceremony and first game. How exciting it is to be in the city where it is being held even if we don't get to go to any games. Everyone here in Johannesburg is so excited, all dressed in South Africa's colors and making lots of noise! It is definitely an exciting time!!!
Today was also our first day of real ministry. We finished the training yesterday and had a special service last night with some of the South African pastors where they commissioned us to go out and serve. It was a wonderful time together, praying for Africa and the world. We are divided in different areas and there are 3 different communities we are serving in. Today my group went to Troyville, which is in downtown Jburg. We set up a big screen in the sanctuary and invited the community to come watch the Opening Ceremony and South Africa game with us this afternoon. During the time we had games, arts and music for the kids. The kids are precious! I love that you can make friends with kids no matter what country you are in! :)
Continue to pray for us. I can't believe it's gone by so fast but I leave one week from today. The next week is gonna be intense. Continue to pray for our safety and health. Will you please pray for me, especially for my throat. I am still sick and felt worse today, so just pray for healing and that I am able to talk and feel good. It got colder the last few days (freezing temps at night with no heater), so I think it's affected everyone's health. So please continue to pray for our health. Continue to pray that God would direct us, open doors and be glorified in all we say and do. May South Africa be forever changed in 2010, not because of the World Cup but because of what God will do in this country!

1 comment:

  1. That is soo cool!!! A lot of my friends have been watching the world cup. Who do you want to win? I will be praying for you, have a wonderful time!! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete