Monday, August 17, 2009

The day is here!

In a few hours I will be on the plane headed to Ghana!!  It's interesting to me how I have changed over the years. For one, I still haven't finished packing & I leave in a few hours!  I used to have everything all packed days before I left, but I guess this is my Brazilian side coming out - I now would rather hang out with people & leave everything else to the last minute.  Even now, I am sitting here writing about how I haven't finished packing, when I really need to just be packing! :) But the biggest difference I see in my life compared to when I first left for Brasil years ago is that "peace that passes all understanding". I am both excited and scared - but mostly I am just filled with peace.  As I prepare to embark on this new journey, I can't help but think about God's faithfulness in my life and especially about Brasil and how He was so good to provide everything I needed.  As I prepare to get on that plane today, I am filled with peace knowing that the Lord has brought me to this point and will go with me every step of the way.  I am excited about those of you that will be "going with me" by reading this blog & through your prayers.  This is my first time writing a blog, so I don't know how it's gonna turn out, but I will try my best to keep y'all updated these next 4 months in Africa.  Please pray for traveling mercies as I leave tonite.  It's gonna be a long 2 days of traveling until I finally arrive in Nalerigu.  I will write as soon as I have access to internet (maybe in Accra tomorrow night), but know that I love you guys & am thankful for you!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment