Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm in Africa!!!

I made it to Ghana!! I am here right now at the Baptist Guesthouse in Accra, the capital of Ghana. Thank you for the prayers! It's been a long trip but problem free. I left Atlanta yesterday and flew a 9 hour flight to Frankfurt, Germany and then a 6 hour flight to Accra. I have now been in 4 continents in a little over 3 weeks – no wonder I am exhausted!! On the flight to Germany I sat next to a lady from Bosnia who only spoke 5 words of English. I think it was probably her first time flying. I had to help her with her seatbelt and then to find someone with a wheelchair once we made it to the airport. She was so sweet but I felt so bad I couldn't talk more with her.  I forgot how frustrating it was to not be able to communicate with people! Between her and all the German, I was feeing lost. But I made it to Ghana and at least the official language here is English. :) I was very much relieved to see my bags at the baggage claim & to walk out and find someone waiting for me at the airport. And I can't wait to sleep in a bed tonight!!! But the travel isn't over yet! Tomorrow I leave at 5 am to catch a 2 hour flight then a 2 ½ hour drive until I will finally arrive in Nalerigu. Ok, well that's all I'm gonna write for now because my brain isn't working very well with the jet lag and lack of sleep. I think I need to sleep!!       

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy girl!!! I am sooo excited for ya!! Keep us all posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A smile crosses all language barriers. You are smiling! L3

    ReplyDelete