Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Safely in Nalerigu

The African adventures continue!  I finally made it to the Baptist Medical Center in Nalerigu at lunchtime today.  There are so many things I could write about just from today.  But the main thing is I wanted to let y'all know I made it safely here.  After catching a 5 am flight (that had handwritten boarding passes), and then driving 2 1/2 hours that became more like 4 with stops we had to do before leaving the city...  I am definitely excited to be here and be done with all the traveling for a while.  I am staying with the journeyman that's here and everyone I've met so far has been really nice.  I can't believe I'm really in Africa!!
I was reading Exodus 23:20 this morning "I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and bring you to the place I have prepared."   This is the verse my Brazilian family shared with me when I moved to Rio in 2003 and I was reminded again today that God is with me and is leading me to the place He has prepared for me.  He is so faithful and I am excited to discover what He has for me here in Ghana!

2 comments:

  1. What a great scripture quote! Hey...we're so glad you made it. May God really pour into you in so many ways as you represent Him there. You are on the great adventure....have a blast!
    Steve Gillis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    My class and I are praying for you, I shared with them your blog and bookmark and I hope they will read it.
    Psalm 107:1
    Give thanks to the lord, for he is good;His love endures forever.

    ReplyDelete