Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Baptist Church Nalerigu

I have gone to the First Baptist Church for the past few weeks. The service is both in Mampruli and English so we are able to understand most of it. The service lasts 2 ½ to 3 hours! During the offering time, instead of passing plates, we go up row by row to the front of the church to drop money in a box. My favorite part of the service is when the choir sings a song and people go to the front and dance. I was told that whoever wants to just goes to the front and starts dancing – not the kind of thing I'm used to seeing in a Baptist Church! :) I love to see them worshiping God in their native language. Even though I can't understand the words, you can see their worship as they praise the Lord. Today the pastor spoke about God being at work around us and that He calls us as laborers in His harvest. I have been praying this week that God would show me if there are any other ministries He wants me to be involved in during the time I'm here, in addition to my work at the hospital. Today I was reminded that God is at work and I am asking Him to open my eyes and to show me how I am to be involved.  As you pray for me, I challenge you to remember that God is at work around you, wherever you are. Ask Him how He wants you to be involved and be open to His leading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment