Sunday, September 13, 2009

God is our Light

God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all.” 1 John 1:5

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn darkness into light before them... I will not forsake them.” Isaiah 42:16

It is so dark here at night. I guess after spending so much of my life in big cities like Atlanta and Rio de Janeiro, I am not used to being somewhere that is so dark. It is especially dark here at the hospital compound because there are no street lights and as I walk at night, I've been thinking about how God is our light and how we are His light in a dark world. I love Isaiah 42:16 and is definitely true as God is leading me along many unfamiliar paths. He is my light and He is leading me with His light. And just like when I am walking in the dark night and can only see a few steps ahead of me with my flashlight, God is leading me step by step. He gives me light for today and wants me to leave the future in His hands. And because I am His and His Spirit lives in me, I am His light in this dark world. The darker it is, the brighter the light seems to shine. Pray for me, that I would continue to trust God to lead me in the dark, unfamiliar paths and that His light would shine through me for all to see. May I help to bring light to those around me.


I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment