Saturday, September 12, 2009

When it rains, it pours

Another rainy Saturday. It is the rainy season and although some days are sunny, it usually ends up raining at some point during the day. The rain is nice sometimes, although I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes when the rain is pounding on our tin roof and some mornings the rain makes me want to stay in bed. I always carry my umbrella with me because you never know when it will start raining. We don't have a dryer and last Saturday morning when I did laundry it was sunny and I thought it was safe to hang my towels outside on the clothesline. Well, less than 2 hours later I was down at House 6 eating lunch and the torrential downpour begins. It was a thunderstorm with heavy rain, wind and lightening and I was stuck hanging out there for the next few hours. When I finally got home, I discovered 3 out of my 4 towels on the grounds covered in mud and leaves! Thankfully when I washed them again, they came out clean but I've decided to not hang anymore things outside, or at least until the rainy season is over. :)


Internet Update: The part did finally arrive but we still don't have internet. It appears to be a problem with the network now but with the rain, the cell phones haven't been working great so they haven't been able to call. As soon as we get internet back, I'll post some more pictures, but it's just too slow here at the internet cafe, which we have named the “Internet shack”.  

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I'm sorry about your towels :( I just re-read through all your old posts and I am so, so excited for you! I think it is absolutely amazing what God is using you to do there and how He has prepared you for where He has placed you now (everything from eating your veggies as a kid so you could donate healthy blood to your experience in Brasil). Please know that you encourage and challenge me by the way you live your life. I am praying for you!
    Love,
    Katie Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto, KATIE!
    Yes, Amy, here in Katie's comment is a perfect example of how others are following along behind you.
    YOU inspire all who know you.
    Keep up the good work and stories.
    WE pray for you without ceasing!
    Love,
    Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete