Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Friends, Shared Experiences

One of the good things about BMC is that there are always missionaries and volunteers to hang out with. For me, it is an answered prayer and I thank you for your prayers for friendships. Y'all know I can't survive for very long without people to talk to! :) I am living with Angela, the journeyman here, but I eat lunch and dinner at House 6 with the other volunteers. People come and go – some stay only for a week and others for a few months. This week we have such a variety – an English med student, a Swiss med student, a retired doctor from New England, an ER resident from California and me. We have interesting conversations and it's been great hanging out with them. Apart from all the work at the hospital, there is not a lot to do around here. And because the internet has been broken this week, we've seemed to have more free time. But we've managed to entertain ourselves with movies and episodes of “House” and working on a puzzle... which happens to be of snowy Switzerland... doesn't really fit with Africa though, haha! Pray that I would be a blessing to the other volunteers and for opportunities to share with those that do not know the Lord. BMC accepts anyone who desires to come, and some of the volunteers are not necessarily here for missions, but for an international medical experience. Pray that Christ would shine through my life for all to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment