Monday, September 28, 2009

A record-breaking day in pediatrics

Today was another busy day in clinic. We set the record today in pediatrics – Dr. Miller and I saw 157 patients and admitted 15 to the hospital! We are exhausted! They said that changing clinic to 5 days instead of just 3 would lessen the daily load, but I still don't believe that. It still amazes me how many kids can have malaria and be so sick.

I never know what's gonna happen in peds. Last week a kid started crying so hard when I was examining him (do I really look that scary?) that he began vomiting... and with an “I hate you” look on his face, he picks up the vomit and starts throwing it at me! I couldn't believe it! At least I was able to dodge it but it was definitely a first. :)

Here's a picture outside the pharmacy. You can see there is so many people! You walk around clinic and people are everywhere - standing up, sitting down, lying on the ground. There is an endless sea of suffering people at the hospital... never-ending... so much disease and sickness. Continue to pray that God would give us health, endurance and wisdom to care for the sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment