Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Jewelry Women

We went back out to Gambaga Witch Village to see the women making the jewelry. It was a lot more fun with some of the women actually being there. It was really cool to see these “outcasts” with smiles on their faces. There were 7 of us that went and we were all taking pictures and praising their work. It was neat to be able to encourage them in the beginning of their jewelry business. And I loved looking at all the jewelry and watching them make it. They asked my opinion about one of the necklaces they were making it and I told them it was great, so great that I wanted to buy it! Below is a picture of the women at work and me with the woman who designed and made my necklace.

  


1 comment:

  1. Amy...I love these...glad you were able to encourage these women, just by being with them and taking time with them.
    Love,
    Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete