Friday, October 9, 2009

Our pet monkey

Yes, we really do have a pet monkey! The Failes had a monkey, Mambora, for 14 years, and when they left a few weeks ago they couldn't find anyone to take her so she moved to House 6 and became the volunteer monkey. I was so excited about having a monkey to feed and play with but all my dreams came crashing down on the first day when she jumped at me and would have attacked me if she hadn't been to the end of her rope. I thought that she was just having a bad day because her family had left her. Andy & James said they fed her and even pet her so I thought I would try again. A couple days later I went out to try to feed Monkey a banana and she went crazy, jumping at me and making all these noises. I was told that since she is a female that she doesn't really like girls, but she seems to hate me even more. Everyone else thinks it's hilarious and took a video of Monkey and me; As for me, I've decided that it's ok that she doesn't like me and it's her loss, not mine. :)

1 comment: