Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Update

Well it's Wednesday and I realized I still haven't written anything yet this week. And it's mostly because I've been too busy to write. It's been a long few days in clinic, especially since most of the other volunteers have left. Monday was a 12 hour day and with hospital rounds and the outpatient clinic, Andy & I both saw over 100 patients! I have been mostly seeing kids and am amazed at the number of malaria cases we continue to see. Over 75% of what I treat every day is malaria. Continue to pray for strength and endurance. Andy leaves tomorrow and the rest of the time I am here I think there are only surgical volunteers (meaning there are going to be many more long days in clinic). But I get to take a trip to Burkina Faso for a few days for vacation before it's back to hard work until December. We leave tomorrow and are going to a game park to see elephants and then on to Ouagadougou for a few days. Yeah! I think I will have internet in Ouaga so I will try to update y'all once we get there, but please pray for safe journeys and for a refreshing time for all of us. Thanks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment