Friday, October 16, 2009

Water Sachets

It's Friday and we've survived another week of clinic. It was a busy and hot day today. Let me try to describe our “office” today... Imagine a hot room with a fan that barely works, 3 doctors, 1 interpreter for all of us and an endless flow of sick kids. It was the first day I forgot to bring my water bottle and at 3 pm I was starting to feel dehydrated. Someone went and bought me a water sachet, AKA water in a bag. It's really the only way to find cold, pure water outside of our house. There is a talent to drinking these water sachets, that I apparently lacked this afternoon. I bit a hole on the corner, which ended up being too big, and squeezed too hard... which resulted in water all over me! And it was even funnier because there was a roomful of African women and their kids all laughing at me. I know they were thinking, “This crazy girl can't even drink water right!”    

1 comment:

  1. HI Amy-O!!!!
    Great pic and funny story...be sure you stay hydrated from now on, girl.
    I love you lots!
    Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete