Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A tribute to Dr. Chuck Miller

After spending 2 months here at BMC, Dr. Miller left this morning and we were all sad to see him go. He has been an inspiration and encouragement to all of us. Chuck will celebrate his 80th birthday next month and for the past 10 years has been spending half of each year volunteering at mission hospitals all over the world. It has been amazing to hear of his stories and to see how God changed his life and gave him a special calling during this season of his life. His stamina, his compassion & his knowledge were noted by all. And he was so patient to teach us about pediatrics and how to treat the children. We already miss him but know that what he taught us will help us care for children here and in our future jobs. My life was definitely blessed by the time I was able to spend working with him. I told him that I hope I have half of his energy when I'm almost 80! What an example of a life committed to the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. HI Amy!
    Love this tribute and know that meeting Dr. Miller has perhaps made you identify even more with GoodDaddy's heart. Pretty cool stuff!
    Love,
    Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete