Saturday, October 10, 2009

A relaxing Saturday

I took today off and had a wonderful, relaxing day. After a woman knocked at our door at 7:30 am trying to sell bananas, I was able to go back to sleep enjoy a few more hours. Angela and I made french toast (with Ghanian bread and syrup someone sent her from the States) for breakfast. It was so good!! We also made banana bread muffins to eat for breakfast during the week. It's funny to me what I end up doing in my free time here. Having a roommate that loves to cook has rubbed off on me I guess, and it's been fun to see all the fun stuff we can make.

I can now add hairdresser to my resume. :) In this last 2 weeks I have cut two people's hair! Andy, one of the med students, begged me a couple of weeks ago until I said yes (I told him I had never done it before but I think I was the only person that would try, haha). And his hair actually turned out well. And then today Angela asked me to cut hers and hers looks good too. I don't plan on changing careers once I get back to the US, but I love all the things I get to do overseas that I would never do in the States.

We watched a movie this afternoon, but the power went off 3 times during it and the bad thing is that Angela's remote doesn't allow you to do scene selection so we have to fast forward from the beginning. Nothing is ordinary here in Africa! Hope y'all are having a great weekend!   

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A hair dresser! Pretty cool!
    I spent two nights in the past week helping Leah celebrate her 21st! WE had so much fun.
    We enjoyed our first worship in NEW Piedmont this morning! It is spectacular!
    LOVE you and miss you!
    Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete