Tuesday, November 17, 2009

African Birthday

It's not every day that you can celebrate your birthday in Africa and yesterday was my special day. I originally thought I would spend most of it busy in clinic, but because of the recent events, it turned out to be a relaxing day. Although I didn't do anything really “African”, I had fun! I did get up to do hospital rounds and then we went to the visitation with Alando's family, but after that we chilled and watched a girly movie. My roommates cooked me a delicious dinner of Italian Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, Lima Beans and Garlic Bread – an interesting choice for a birthday dinner but I had to choose from what we had. :) And no ice cream but I actually had 2 cakes! The girls made me Red Velvet Cake cupcakes and wrote “Happy Birthday Amy” in icing and then lit 29 candles and sang to me! It was great! And after we finished up at the house, we went down to House 6, where Bawa, our cook had made me a coconut cream pie (with fresh coconut!) and we ate my second birthday dessert! Wish you all could have been here to celebrate with me! I realized that I have now celebrated my birthday in 3 different continents and was thinking today that I should add something to my “List” - celebrate my birthday in every continent. So next year I'm thinking I need to celebrate it in Europe... anybody want to come? :)  

                          Annie & me at dinner
                       29 candles on my birthday "cake"

No comments:

Post a Comment